Viridian Synbiotic Daily 30 Veg Caps
Viridian Synbiotic Daily 30 Veg Caps
It has been estimated that over 400 species of bacteria inhabit our digestive tracts with different species being found in various locations e.g. the stomach, jejunum, duodenum etc.
A balance of the appropriate flora is critical to ensuring not only a healthy intestinal tract, but also for long-term health through protection against pathogenic organisms and supporting gastro-intestinal health. The most important friendly bacteria are lactobacillus acidophilus and Bifidobacterium bifidum both belonging to the bacilli species. The symbiotic partnership between humankind and lactobacilli has a long history of important nutritional and therapeutic benefits for humans.
Acidophilus is the most prominent friendly resident of the small intestine.
• MILK DIGESTING – The lactobacilli produce the enzyme lactase, thus aiding in the digestion and absorption of nutrients.
• ANTI-BIOTIC – Acidophilus has been shown to produce powerful antibiotic substances such as acidophilin, lactolin and acidolin that have been found to strongly inhibit disease-causing organisms such as salmonella, typhoid, staphylococcus, cholera, and clostridium species. The lactobacilli also produce substantial amounts of lactic, formic and acetic acids, which inhibit other organisms due to the acid environment, a good example being E. coli.
• PRO-OXYGEN – the lactobacilli require oxygen for their growth and proliferation, this reduces the local oxygen, limiting survival rates of competing pathogens.
• ANTI-TUMOUR – Research on human subjects has shown that many of the pro-carcinogenic chemicals including b-glucuronidase, b-glucosidase, and nitro-reductase have all been significantly reduced when acidophilus is supplemented.
• ANTI-VIRAL – acidolin, one of the major antibiotic substances found in acidophilus has potent anti-viral properties and studies have shown effectiveness against herpes simplex lesions and in cases of apthous stomatitis (mouth ulcers).
• ANTI-FUNGAL- much research has demonstrated that friendly bacteria particularly acidophilus produce substances which retard the growth of candida. An additional effect is noted when bifidobacteria are utilised, as this has a powerful ability to enhance detoxification via the liver.
• CHOLESTEROL LOWERING – it has been found that acidophilus can help reduce cholesterol levels by directly assimilating and absorbing it and also by deconjugation.
The Bifidobacteria are the main friendly occupant of the large intestine. The levels of bifidobacteria tend to decline with age and in conditions of ill health.
• ANTI-PATHOGENIC – The bifidobacteria prevent the colonisation of hostile organisms with which they compete for attachment sites and nutrients.
• ACID PRODUCING – These bacteria produce acetic and lactic acids, which lower the pH (increasing acidity) of the intestine, thus making the region undesirable for pathogenic species.
• NITROGEN RETAINING – The bifidobacteria encourage and assist with weight-gain in infants through retaining nitrogen.
• CELL-PROTECTING – Bifidobacteria inhibit the bacteria responsible for converting nitrates into potentially harmful nitrites, which are known to be potentially cancer forming.
• NUTRIENT PRODUCING – The bifidobacteria help in producing, through fermentation, B vitamins albeit in small amounts.
L. Bulgaricus is a transient i.e. non-resident friendly flora, which helps other probiotic organisms to flourish. This organism offers similar benefits to acidophilus in that it is lactic acid producing, and offers anti-viral and anti-tumour activity. Much of the therapeutic data supports the use of this important transient organism alongside its counterparts lactobacillus acidophilus and the bifid bacteria.
FOS is a type of short-chain polysaccharide normally derived from artichoke or chicory root. FOS is not digested but is utilised by the friendly flora to increase colonisation of Lactobacilli and the Bifidobacteria whilst reducing the foothold of unfriendly species. FOS has also been noted to increase short-chain fatty acids(SCFAs), reduce serum cholesterol and blood pressure, and improve liver function and elimination of toxic compounds.
Citrus pectin is a water soluble fibre which assists in providing a healthy environment for probiotic flora to colonise. Pectin also assists the health of the GI tract through improved peristaltic function and increasing SCFA levels.
1 to 3 capsules daily or as directed by your doctor.
Best taken 30mins to 1 hour before meals.
Suitable for use during anti-biotic therapy, yeast infections i.e. candida, urinary tract infections, adjunct to chemo/radiotherapy in conditions of the gastrointestinal tract. Osteoporosis (dysbiotic flora can affect estrogen levels), auto-immune conditions e.g. ankylosing spondylitis / rheumatoid arthritis, herpes infection, elevated cholesterol, bowel-liver support, acne, constipation and diarrhea, and food poisoning (useful preventative).
Acidophilus and B. bifidum are adversely affected by stress, alcohol and anti-biotics.
Adequate folic acid and riboflavin (vitamin B2) are required for acidophilus to produce its antimicrobial chemical hydrogen peroxide.
παρέχει: Σύνολο βιώσιμων καλών βακτηρίων: 1,5 δισεκατομμύρια:
Lactobacillus acidophilus, Lactobacillus bulgaricus, Bifidobacterium breve,
Bifidobacterium infantis, Bifidobacterium longum,
Πρεβιοτικά FS2-60 * 390mg
* (πλήρες φάσμα πρεβιοτικών φρουκτοολιγοσακχαριτών και φυτικής προέλευσης ινουλίνη)
Φυτική Κάψουλα 100mg
Grapefruit seed extract, Oregon grape root, fibre blend, milk thistle, EFA’s, antioxidants, lysine, B complex, digestive aid, green food blend, cranberry, Echinacea.